FLOWER CARE TIPS
For Fresh Bouquet & Floral Arrangement
An additional care can make a big difference for any size flower arrangement or fresh flower bouquet. Different types of flower require different types of care but for any flower, the sooner it is put into water the longer it can last.
Most floral foam is used on floral arrangement , just make sure it has plenty of clear & fresh water. If possible re-cut the stem ends & insert back the stems firmly and deeply into the arrangement. Place your arrangement in a cool place and avoid direct sunlight.
Most floral arrangements last 4-7 days or longer, depending on the flowers used and the care they receive.
For Cut Flowers
Do you know that flowers go on living after they are cut & if you follow our tips they will last ever longer. Here are the care tips providing by World Petals Companies:
- Purchase the freshest flowers (please be assured that World Petals delivers only the freshest and most presentable flowers.
- Remove all foliage (stems and leaves) below water level (if flowers are place in flower case)
- Cut each flower stem at a 45 degree angle prior in putting flowers in water. It is best to put the stem under water while cutting for optimum water intake.
- Feed flowers a warm nutrient solution (if available) or 1 teaspoon (5ml) of sugar to 600ml of water
- Freshen flowers by re-cutting stems with sharp knife every 3 days and totally replacing water with new nutrient solution in a clean flower vase. Hand Bouquet
- Be sure to top up the flower’s water everyday. Every 3 days replace all the water.
- Spray your flowers with water everyday. This can be done by using clean spray bottle. This is a shower for flowers.
- Display your flower in a cool place (18 to 25oC). Try to avoid direct sunlight, heating or cooling vents, directly under ceiling fans, or on top of televisions or radiators. These will damage your flowers.
- Natural products will have natural flaws. Simply snip or cut away the yellowed/darkened part to regain its appealing appearance.
Flowers Arrangement For Foliage & Flowering Plants
Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't take much to care for plants. As a rule of norm, they need good lighting, moderate temperatures, reasonable humidity, uniform level of moisture in the soil, & occasionally, a little bit of fertiliser. Most plants come with care instructions specified for the type of plant. Here are some suggestions:
- Keep plants in medium-light locations (out of direct sunlight) in order to maintain good flower colour and promote the maximum number of flowers to open. Foliage plants will do well under lower light levels.
- Plant soil should be kept moist at all times. Plants should not be allowed to dry out or wilt. Be careful to avoid over-watering, do not allow plants to stand in water. Avoid wetting plant leaves.
- Avoid excessive heat or cold. Plants should be kept in a cool spot (between 18 to 25 degree Celcius) for best performance. They hould be kept away from direct sunlight, heating or cooling vents, directly under ceiling fans, or on top of televisions or radiators